Travel-related experiences & things to do…
- See the Northern Lights
- Bike through the tulips in the Netherlands
- Watch a play performed in the Globe, London
See the Las Fallas festival in downtown Valencia
- Participate in the Midnight Sun [half] Marathon in Tromsø, Norway
Be accepted for, and start, my (bilingual…) Masters programme in Lyon!
- Hike the GR10 the in French Pyrenees
- Walk el Camino Santiago de Compostela in Spain/France
- Or the Via Francegenia (Italy)
- Bike the ViaRhona (or part of it)
- Bastille Day fireworks by the Eiffel Tower!
La Fête de la Musique in any town/city in France
- Bike France’s Loire Valley
- See the castles of Transylvania – PLANNED FOR APRIL/MAY
- Visit the Silk Road (places like Samakand, Bukhara, Khiva, the Doorway to Hell). Camels and caravans and mosques and palaces!
See a 6 Nations match (rugby)–preferably in England, or perhaps France Work on a French vineyard
- Visit the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
- Hike in the Himalayas, base camp, etc with my father
- Visit Bhutan as well…
- Inca Trail from Cusco to Machu Picchu
*Attempt* skiing at a French resort(Went cross country skiing, but it still counts!)
- Take a cooking class in Lyon, gastronomic capital du monde
Go wine-tasting in France
- See polar bears and reindeer in Svalbard (Norway)
- See the Nazca lines in Peru
- Visit and meditate in Tibetan monasteries
Go scuba-diving (USVI…)
- Take my mother on a ancestral tour of Poland + see the Polish buffalos!
The Norwegian fjords(Visited the Sognefjord) Walk along the Cliffs of Moherand see the Giant’s Causeway Look for Nessie Get a Masters degree in France(Done – Msc in Tourism Marketing & Management)
- Watch the Tour de France live!
- Reach Alaska & the Yukon
Try eating Escargot and frog legs Get a Russian visa to visit St Petersburg & Moscow (to visit the cathedrals) !!!!!!! Drive a car in the UK or Ireland! (Silly, I know…but…)
- Visit a US ghost town + haunted Winchester Mystery House
- Do a US Christmas with my French husband
- Lagoons and geysers in Iceland
- Hike through Icelandic parks and waterfalls
- Explore Norway’s hidden natural regions
- Road trip through Denmark’s Jutland!
- Swim with a manta ray
Learn how to read/write Cyrillic script Become fluent enough in French to have daily conversations in French
ecome ACTUALLY fluent in French !
- Learn how to brew your own beer (working on this…)
- Make my own handmade leather purse
- Visit the islands: Malta, Corsica, Sicily, Sardinia, Cyprus – to hike, kayak, swim etc!
- Drive/hike the coast of Portugal
- Walk into an Irish pub and realise they’re all speaking Gaelic…
- Read “La sombra del viento” in Spanish (The Shadow of the Wind) – STARTED
- Join a book club in French & read French literary classics
- Read “La Compte de Monte Cristo” en francais – I’ve read a dozen other books in French, but haven’t read this one yet…
- Bungee jump!!
- Tour Israel
- Visit a bone chapel
- Boat trip to Skellig Michael!
Participate in a “Colour Run”
- Be randomly upgraded to First Class without paying an extra dime
Ride an overnight train with couchettes and sleeping compartmentsdid this! St Petersburg-Moscow! Had the top bunk.
- See Klimpt’s The Kiss in Vienna
- Visit the Louvre–
saw the outside!
- See David in the Ufitzi in Florence
- Dan Brown’s Da Vinci tour of Paris
Then be kissed by my lover in front of the Eiffel Tower!! (cliches, I know…) Multi-day trip hiking in the Alps Sampleevery kind of French cheese possible
- Attend a ball
See the castle that inspired Disney…and then see roughly 100 other spectacular castles!
- Touch the Great Wall of China
See a concert at the 2,000 year old amphitheater in Lyon Eat Belgian chocolate…in Belgium.
- See wolves in the wild
- Trail running holiday in Europe (esp. England, France or Italy)
- Hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- Learn how to make croissants and other pastries
- Snorkel/dive in the Great Barrier Reef (or anywhere, really).
- Get over my (irrational) fear of underwater shipwrecks and dive to one
- Tour the White House (sadly, now impossible)
Learn conversational Spanish
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Learn conversational Russian as well!
- Write AND publish: a travel guide, travel article[s], and/or travel photograph[s]!
- Be granted a European passport!